If you want to look fantastic in a designer suit, then you need to know the rules!
Think of all the people that wear suits as if they were born in them, James Bond, Barney Stinson, and Harvey Specter. What do they all have in common? They look absolutely stunning in suits, professional, stylish and ready to face whatever life throws at them.
What’s so different about them than you you’re probably thinking? How do they constantly manage to pull off that designer suit look with ease? They follow the ten rules; that’s how! If you’re not wearing a suit properly, then you may as well take the entire thing and throw it in the trash dumpster behind your home.
Well, don’t do it yet because there is still time to learn! The following are the ten unwritten rules of looking smashing in a suit no matter what the occasion!
- The width of the tie should always match the width of your lapels! It’s all about balance, with both elements working together, not trying to outdo the other.
- If you’re going for a modern look, then you want thin lapels. While if it’s an old school look that you are attempting, wide lapels are where it’s at.
- A pocket square is your chance to add a little splash of personality, but it shouldn’t match your tie or the material your tie is made of. This is your opportunity for some freedom, make the most of it!
- If you’re buying directly off the rack, then it’s vital to make sure that your shoulders look good. Make sure any shoulder pads end before your shoulders do.
- If there’s a gap between the lapels of your jacket and your shirt collar, it’s an indicator of an ill-fitting suit. It’s all about the small details!
- Unless you’re going to a funeral, you should opt for a charcoal colored suit or a gray suit. Dark gray will give you more options with color matching and style while being appropriate for a variety of occasions.
- Your belt needs to match your shoes! If you’re wearing black shoes, then black belt it is!
- Sneakers with suits are for movie stars and singers, stick with leather if you want to look classy and stylish.
- Double vents are in style right now, and suit men with bigger frames.
- If you’re trying to pull off a casual look, then single button jacket is the way to go!
We are always getting in new product so make sure you come back often!