What's in your Travel Wardrobe?
It's worth planning your travel outfits and paring down your wardrobe when you're gonna be living with a suitcase for a week. And when we say paring down, we mean, only taking the most essential, stylish pieces from your home closet and stowing them inside your travel bag. With only the best discount designer clothes and wardrobe basics on hand, you'll be able to maximize their versatility and mix and match them to create more than one outfit. We've collected a list of the essential clothes you can pack for whatever destination you'll be off to, complete with recommended discounted designer pieces that you can buy right off of Attica Clothing.
- These bottoms can go with nearly every pair of shoes you'll pack with you, and can get away with many types of tops, too—especially comfy sweaters and classic shirts. Jeans in a darker wash like this can get away with spots of dirt accumulated while traveling.
- Lightweight shirts. Not only do they take up little space and weight, but they are also your best bets for a summer getaway or for layering over in colder weather. Get these discounted short-sleeved and 3/4 sleeved shirts from Chloe.
- A trench/coat/jacket. The key to looking put together even at the last minute, is, as always, outerwear over the shoulders. This leather jacket and blazer from Dolce and Gabbana are on sale on Attica Clothing and have got you covered for everything from casual activities to formal events.
- A pair of flats. You're expecting to do a lot of touring, so a pair of flats is a must. Ones with embellishment make a statement. Check out these charming pair from Dolce and Gabbana is adorned with clear crystals, has a velvet upper and a leather sole, rendering a chic look.
- A shoulder bag. Something easy that you can sling over your shoulder is a must when you're traveling, like a shoulder bag. Add a pop of print with leopard shoulder bag from leopard is an interesting neutral in that it can go with nearly every color on the wheel. This designer bag is discounted on Attica Clothing, too!
- A tote bag. Sure, sometimes you're a girl who needs more—so get a classic tote bag that can go with at least three of your outfits, like this Miss Sicily tote bag from Dolce and Gabbana. Its structure holds up well, it gives off a classy, put-together look, and it has enough room for all of the things you need on the go.
- A scarf and a pair of sunglasses. These accessories are an easy way of updating a look. Sunglasses add an instant touch of cool, and is a great cover up for when you didn't do makeup for the day (who has time for that anyway when you're touring a whole new world?) and a scarf lends taste and sophistication to an outfit—a printed one like this blue leopard scarf from Dolce and Gabbana can also break the monotony of a neutral color palettes.
Many things matter when you're creating the travel-friendly, capsule wardrobe. Some things to keep in mind are:
- The type of fabrics can determine how lightweight the piece is, which frees up weight in your suitcase.
- Different textures can create more dimension in the outfits and keep it from looking too flat or bland.
- One color palette is recommended for a travel wardrobe. Neutrals like black, white, navy, nude, and blush almost always work together!
- Quality is always important. You want clothes that can stick throughout the whole traveling experience, and if you're getting wardrobe essentials, investing in pieces from fabled designers will ensure the overall standard of your clothing.
Check out our new summer items to suit your travel plans!